The Central Election Commission reviewed and approved the draft decisions as following:
1. “On the approval of some procedural deadlines for conducting partial elections for the Mayor of Kavaja Municipality, at Tirana District, on 25 June 2017.
The CEC set the deadlines as below:
– Political parties should submit a request for registration as electoral subjects for partial elections, to the Mayor of Kavaja Municipality, no later than 26 May 2017.
– On the submission of the candidate proposed by the voters for partial elections to the Mayor of Kavaja Municipality, the Initiating Committee must be registered in CEAZ no. 42, no later than 26 May 2017.
– The candidacy documents should be submitted to the CEAZ no. 42 no later than 27 May 2017. The CEAZ takes a decision and sends it to the CEC, not later than 24 hours after their submission.
2. “On dismissal of the secretary of CEAZ, no.3, for Assembly elections, on June 25, 2017. CEC decided to release from duty the secretary of CEAZ, no.3, Mrs. Suada Selimaj.
Also, the CEC reviewed the verification result of the General Prosecution Office for the public official, Mr. Tom Doshi, Lawmaker of the Albanian Assembly, pursuant to Law 138/2015 “On guaranteeing the integrity of persons elected, appointed or exercising public functions”.
The CEC decided against the declaration of invalidity and early termination of
the mandate of the lawmaker, Tom Doshi.